When to Seek Help
The traumatic experience may be affecting you or certain members of your family and it is important to recognise that the healing process takes time and everyone heals at a different rate. However, if you feel that your symptoms are not getting any better you may need to seek help from a professional, preferably one who understands the trauma experience.
Seek help for emotional or psychological trauma if you're:
• Struggling to function at home or work
• Suffering from depression, anxiety or inordinate fear
• Experiencing nightmares or ‘flashbacks’
• Emotionally numb or disconnected
• Using alcohol or drugs to ‘cope’
• Suffering eating disorders or self harm
• Feeling suicidal.
Library folder shown here